The average cost for a garage door spring replacement is $250 with costs for a garage door spring replacement ranging from $200-$300 for a professional to complete the job for the US in 2019.
Common Garage Door Replacement Costs
When the costs are broken down as part of the average replacement cost of $250 – you may find charges such as:
- $5-$30 if you require a replacement extension spring.
- $40-$100 if you require a replacement torsion spring.
- $35-$65 for labor, depending on the region of the country you are in and the company you choose.
- $150-$200 for spring replacement on a tilt-up garage door.
- $200-$250 for spring replacement on a roll-up garage door.
Garage Door Spring Replacement Or Repair?
It may be possible your garage door spring does not need to be replaced but other components may need to be replaced or repaired.
Here are a few common garage door repair costs common to when you think the garage door spring may be damaged or broken:
- $5-$6 resolving excessive noise issues, usually solved by lubrication.
- $45-$65 rebalancing imbalanced springs.
- $150-$200 replacing damaged or missing safety cables.
DIY Or Hire A Garage Door Contractor?
Replacing and even attempting to repair garage door springs is extremely dangerous and can cause serious injury and even death should an accident occur so it is best to leave the job to a professional garage door repair contractor who has professional experience, the correct tools, and the knowledge to get the job done safely and correctly, so you can get on with enjoying your garage door.