The average cost of garage door installation is $650 with costs ranging from $500 to $800 for the US in 2019. Further, according to Homeadvisor they came up wit ha slightly higher average of $1,091 with a cost range between $729 and $1,453 based on a recent survey of more than 9,000 homeowners. The complete price includes the door, new tracks, connectors, fasteners, adhesives, and labor.
Garage Door Cost By Type
It is always worth shopping around for a reputable garage door company with experienced installers. Here are some of the most popular variations of garage doors and the prices you can expect to pay:
- Single tilt-up models: The average cost is $550 with prices ranging from $400 to $700.
- Single roll-up models: The average cost is $900 with prices ranging from $800 to $1,000.
- Custom roll-up models: The average cost is $1,600 with prices ranging from $1,2000 to $2,000.
- Solid wood custom models: The average cost is $2,750 with prices ranging from $2,500 to $3,000.
You may want to consider windows across the top of the garage door for added style and the use of steel or wood frames will provide additional stability and security. Not to mention providing insulation, that can help to save your energy costs by as much as 20 percent.
Garage Door Opener Costs
The average cost of a garage door opener is $250 with prices ranging from $100 to $400 in the US for 2019. This will add the overall cost of your garage installation. You will not have to have your original opener replaced if it works with your brand new garage door.
Garage Door Replacement Cost
Replacing a garage door can be similarly priced to the cost of installation but you may want a more stylized door to match the look of the rest of your house and outside surroundings that may bring the cost up a little bit. The average cost is $1,500 with prices ranging from $500 to $2,500.
Other Costs & Considerations
- Lighting: You always have the option to install some exterior lighting when you have a new garage door installed. As there will be a licensed electrician available, giving them this task may reduce the total cost
- Widths: You have to be sure to select the door that meets your needs. Selecting a single width garage door when you have a double with garage door entrance will take some major restructuring to achieve
Garage Door Screen Cost
The average cost of garage door screen costs is $500 with prices ranging from $20 to $1,200. Available in many different variations and styles to suit any budget.