The average cost to install a garage door is $1,081. The cost to install a garage door ranged from $726 to $1437 according to more than 9,000 surveyed homeowners in 2018-2019. The entire price should include the door itself, new tracks for the door to move along, fasteners, connectors, adhesives, and labor.
- Average Garage Door Replacement Cost: $1,081
- Garage Door Replacement Cost Range: $726 – $1,437
- Low Garage Door Replacement Cost: $270
- High Garage Door Replacement Cost: $2,093
How Much Does a New Garage Door Cost?
The cost of a garage door goes from $200 for a simple single door to $4,000 for two or more doors. The higher prices indicate better quality materials used for the construction of the door.
Garage Door Replacement Considerations
A new garage door installation usually costs around the same as replacing a garage door and installing a new one. Homeowners can look to pay $500-$2,500 depending on many different factors including:
- Workmanship: It is best to hire a professional. Although it may seem like a tempting DIY project, if the installation is not done correctly, it can become costly in repair and maintenance costs.
- Location: The design of your house and where you reside will determine the kind of door you will require and the cost of professional quotes.
- Materials: You can have your new door made from a vast selection of styles, sizes, shapes, and materials, all of which vary widely in their expense.
Do Styles And Types Impact Garage Door Costs?
There are several types and styles of garage doors available for homeowners to choose from, including:
- Tilt-up or swing-up doors: These doors are in a solid one-piece design that will swing upward from the floor and pulls into space just below the ceiling.
- Swing-out doors: These doors open in an outward direction from the center is a similar way to how a gate operates.
- Sliding Doors: By sliding along a track, these doors open to the side.
- Sectional doors or roll-up: Roll Up doors are America’s most popular choice in garage doors. They open from the bottom and slide into a track that is attached to the ceiling.
The material a garage door is made from can have a large impact on its total cost. The most expensive doors are those that are custom-made for the homeowner from woods like mahogany, cedar, and hemlock. A very solid cedar or mahogany garage door with additional windows for its top panels can cost $3,500 for an 8’X7′ door or as much as $5,000 for a door measuring 16’x7′.
There are many less expensive alternatives. For example, a wood composite can be painted and vinyl which is resistant to damage from denting and looks great on most homes. A 16’X’7′ wood composite door will cost around $1,200. A similarly sized door made from steel is only $750. The downside is they do dent the most easily and they require the most insulation to regulate the temperature.
Garage Door Screen Replacement Cost
- The average garage door screen replacement cost is $500. Garage door screen replacement costs ranged from $20 to $1,200 in 2018-2019.
- The average retractable garage door screen replacement is $200. Retractable garage door screen replacement ranged from $20 to $500 in 2018-2019.
- The average motorized garage door screen replacement is $500. Motorized garage door screen replacement ranged from $300 to $1,200 in 2018-2019.
- The average sliding garage door screen replacement is $100. Sliding garage door screen replacement ranged from $50 to $300 in 2018-2019.
- The average walk-thru garage door screen replacement is $625. Walk-thru garage door screen replacement ranged from $50 to $1,200 in 2018-2019.
- The average garage door panel replacement is $275. Garage door panel replacement ranged from $50 to $500 in 2018-2019.
- The average lifestyle garage door screen replacement is $550. Lifestyle garage door screen replacement ranged from $300 to $1,200 in 2018-2019.
Free Quote For Garage Door Replacement in Mesa or Phoenix
As a family-owned and operated business, On Track Garage Door Services, Inc has been providing the Mesa & the Phoenix Valley with high-quality residential and commercial garage door replacement and installation services since 1987. Learn more about our garage door services here.
Get a free garage door replacement quote by calling the experts at On Track Garage Door at 480-641-2301